Thursday, November 27, 2008

How the Time Flies


Oh my word...how long has it been? Nearly a year and half! Yeah, I know...I'm bad...really bad...

But I'm back! Back in the Blogosphere and better than ever. As you can see though, I have had to alter my ways. The old site, while a lot of fun, just tended to be too much work. I had to write all of the code myself, and it was more a pain in the ass than anything. Of course, add on more work with my already lazy attitude and what do you get? That's right, no blog posts.

So, now I've decided to enter the world of organized blogs where all I have to do it type and let loose. Besides, that's the fun part! Telling the stories and letting you know what's going on in my life. So, for now, it's the same old blog with a slightly different address.
So, what have I been doing the past year and a half you ask? Well, that's actually pretty simple. I've done 2 jobs: 1 in Japan and the other in Korea...yes, don't worry, it was the southern portion of it.
Last September I started a job in Sodegaura, Japan. Sodegaura is located just across Tokyo Bay from Tokyo and I was easily able to get into Tokyo a handful of times while I was there. I stayed in Japan until just before Christmas at which point I was fortunate to go home for the holidays! And believe me, that is a blessing in the line of work that I'm in.
After the wonderful relaxation that trasnpired over the holidays, I went back to the office. There was a little bit of hemming and hawing over where my next assignment was, but it was soon settled. I was going to go to Korea. So, in late January of this year, I set off for I didn't know how long in Ulsan, S. Korea. As it turned out, I was there for nearly 10 months! I had just a couple of short trips home during that time. In May, I was released from the assignment for 2 weeks and then at the end of June, I was able to get home for my nephew's baptism, but only for the weekend. Other than that, I was in Korea for the entire 10 months! During the final 4 months of the job, I continually told everyone that we were getting ready to wrap things up and i would likely only be there for 1 more month. We saw how well that worked out for me.
And now that the job has finally finished, you might think I got to head home and be home for Thanksgiving, right? Well, not exactly. You see, now I'm in our office in Singapore awaiting my next assignment. I was supposed to head there on Thanksgiving day, but the job got delayed a short time. So, now I get to have a bit more time to explore the area.
On that note, I'm out of here. I hope to be back with a few stories soon. If I can just get myself to do this regularly, I think the stories will be much better and not a simple update on what I've been doing in general. Wish me luck!
Oh yeah, one more thing...that picture up there is a picture of my friend Matt and I. It was taken during one of our many nights out in Korea when we decided to do a "Mustache Barcrawl." I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley at night...especially with that banadana on! And Matt looks like he's carrying two suitcases...and that just doesn't bode well for anybody!
Peace, I'm out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite excited that you are blogging again and I'm sure all the Turkey Run people will be, also. We bought a webcam yesterday for Christmas. I will let your father figure it out......as usual.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey at least you made Tax break right?!! How was Ulsan, Troy thinks there is a chance thats where we are headed in Feb.

    ReplyDelete